The Community Building Committee aims to promote cross-cultural learning through community conversations and other events. If you are interested in learning more or participating in the next event, please contact Kerry Cashman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our new campaign is called “We are Seward” look for an article in the next Seward Profile or come to our next meeting to learn more about it.
Community Building Committee meets the first Thursday of the Month at 5:30PM in Matthews Center.
Community Building Committee Minutes:
2017 Meetings: Matthews Park 5:30PM
Crime and Safety
The Community Building Committee now encompasses SNG’s Crime and Safety Committee in order to build and maintain consistent and active involvement in making the Seward community a safe and fulfilling place.
A safe neighborhood is one where neighbors actively work together to look out for each other. SNG’s Crime Prevention and Safety Committee works to coordinate communication and activities between neighbors, block clubs, businesses, schools, and the MPLS Police Department 3rd Precinct to make Seward a neighborhood where all people can feel safe.
Do you practice overall security?
- Do you have a block contact list with neighbors’ names, phone numbers, and addresses by your phone?
- Do you know how to report suspicious activity or crimes to the police? Do your children know how to report?
- Do you ask strangers at your door for proper identification before talking to them?
- Do your children tell strangers that you’re “busy” rather than you’re “not home”?
- If someone came to the door needing help, would you make the phone call to the police (or other necessary calls) rather than letting the person come in?
For further crime prevention resources, please visit here.
For questions, contact:
Don Greeley, Crime Prevention Specialist, Minneapolis Police Department, 3rd Precinct, (612) 673-3482 email@example.com
John Baumann, Crime Prevention Specialist, Midtown Safety Center, 2949 Chicago Ave. S., (612) 825-6138 firstname.lastname@example.org