The Community Building Committee (CBC) works to support initiatives that improve the quality of life for all who live, work, play, or pray in Seward. Community event planning, community safety, fostering civic involvement, & supporting increased neighbor connectivity are central to the CBC’s work. If you are looking to be involved in community building or the work of this committee, please reach out to Chris McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Building Committee meets the first Tuesday of the Month at 7:00 PM in Matthews Center.
Click on a photo to see in Gallery view:
Community Building Committee Agendas & Minutes:
Starting in 2019, the CBC will be hosting all of their meeting agendas and minutes in the SNG google drive.
Community Building Committee Minutes:
Crime and Safety
The Community Building Committee now encompasses SNG’s Crime and Safety Committee in order to build and maintain consistent and active involvement in making the Seward community a safe and fulfilling place.
A safe neighborhood is one where neighbors actively work together to look out for each other. SNG’s Crime Prevention and Safety Committee works to coordinate communication and activities between neighbors, block clubs, businesses, schools, and the MPLS Police Department 3rd Precinct to make Seward a neighborhood where all people can feel safe.
Do you practice overall security?
- Do you have a block contact list with neighbors’ names, phone numbers, and addresses by your phone?
- Do you know how to report suspicious activity or crimes to the police? Do your children know how to report?
- Do you ask strangers at your door for proper identification before talking to them?
- Do your children tell strangers that you’re “busy” rather than you’re “not home”?
- If someone came to the door needing help, would you make the phone call to the police (or other necessary calls) rather than letting the person come in?
For further crime prevention resources, please visit here.
For questions, contact:
Shun Tillman, Crime Prevention Specialist, Minneapolis Police Department, 3rd Precinct, (612) 673-2846 Shun.Tillman@minneapolismn.gov
John Baumann, Crime Prevention Specialist, Midtown Safety Center, 2949 Chicago Ave. S., (612) 825-6138 email@example.com