Below are up-to-date food shelf resources in Minneapolis. For information on how to support food shelves and meal sites, please visit the Health Department’s Food Donationspage or view the pdf for specific needs shared by food shelves.Food shelves help ensure all Minneapolis residents have steady access to food. The City is providing the map and information below to help make locating a food shelf and other food resources easier. Additional resources are listed below the map.
Minneapolis Food Shelves
This map shows Minneapolis food shelves. Click on a grocery cart to see the name of the food shelf, its address, days and hours of operation and contact information. Download a PDF of food shelf information (Bancos de alimentos de Minneapolis).
Please consider contacting the food shelf before visiting to confirm their hours of operation, as schedules may change.
If you know of a food shelf not referenced on this map, please email any updates or corrections to Tamara Downs Schwei.
Hunger Solutions provides information and advocates for hunger relief across the State.
- Visit the Hunger Solutions website or call their Minnesota Food Helpline on weekdays during business hours at 1-888-711-1151 to learn more.
- United Way 211 can be reached 24 hours/day for food support questions by dialing 2-1-1 on your phone or by texting your zip code to 898-211.
- To find meal sites near you:
- Hunger Solutions also provides information on food resources such as the Federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Market Bucks. The Market Bucks program helps SNAP-EBT participants purchase more good food at their local farmers market.
- Hunger relief funding RFP for food shelves currently available through Hunger Solutions (April 2020)
Second Harvest Heartland is a hunger relief organization that primarily acts as a food bank –one of the nation’s largest— that collects and donates food through a variety of programs and services. The organization operates across Central Minnesota, the metro area, and Western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland is seeking monetary donations from anyone able to help.
- Volunteers are currently needed for daily food packing and sorting at the Food Group’s New Hope warehouse. If interested, please visit their volunteer website.
The Sheridan Story works to combat hunger in the community by filling the gaps to food access that children face.
Minneapolis American Indian Center serves a large and tribally diverse urban American Indian population in the metro area. Currently, they are providing culturally relevant meals to the elders in the Native community and are seeking donations. For more details, ways to help and who to contact, viewthis letter.