- City of Minneapolis Resident Resources – Resource directory for home improvement, homeownership, and mortgage financing programs.
- Housing Issues Resource List – Resource directory of local organizations that offer various home improvement and repair programs.
- Minnesota Housing Agency – Agency that works with local lenders to ensure all Minnesotans have access to safe and affordable housing.
- Department of Public Works – Garbage removal, recycling, yard waste, parking, sewer maintenance, sidewalks, snow removal, storm and surface water management, street sweeping.
maintenance & repair resources
- Hennepin County Healthy Homes – Loans for home repairs and maintenance projects and asthma triggers and lead paint help.
- Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) Home Loan Programs – Low interest home improvement loan programs.
- Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches – Helps seniors and people with disabilities with painting their homes and other indoor and outdoor handy works.
- Longfellow Plan Book – LCC project book containing remodeling plans for Bungalows and other small homes by architect Robert Gerloff.
- Hearts and Hammers – Assistance with exterior work for homeowners ( 60+, disabled or veterans) who are physically and financially unable to maintain their property.
- Rebuilding Together Minnesota – Volunteers provide home safety and fall prevention for low income, seniors and disabled. Free basic home repairs and modifications on a volunteer basis.
- Restore – Home improvement outlet that provides low cost, paint, home furnishings, and building supplies.
- Minnesota Tool Library – Low-cost borrowing and access to tools and offers workshops and classes.
- Winter Storm Safety Guide– Guide with information on how to prepare your home, car, and small business during a winter storm.
resources for seniors
affordable housing & financial resources
- Energy Cents Coalition – Electrical energy assistance and audits
- Community Action Partnership, Hennepin County – Grants with no repayment for qualifying low income homeowners.
- Minneapolis Neighborhood Revitalization Program – Federal Funds provided to finance mechanisms, purchase and rehabilitation of abandoned and foreclosed homes.
- MN Housing Finance Agency – Emergency loans, low interest, deferred loans, first-time home buyers, home improvements, foreclosure prevention.
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Minneapolis– Homebuyer Education Workshops.
- Project Pride in Living– Home financing and repair programs, housing and career readiness workshops and classes.
- Minnesota Homeownership Center– has a network of free homeownership advisors to provide guidance about your options in multiple languages.
- City of Lakes Community Land Trust – a nonprofit, community-based organization that works to provide permanent affordability homeownership opportunities.
- Sustainable Resource Center – Non-Profit dedicated to advancing healthy homes and energy efficiency. Homes that are safe, energy efficient, have clean indoor air, and are free of excess moisture, mold, toxins, and pests.
- City of Minneapolis Solar Energy Program – Program providing financial incentive to encourage the building of renewable solar energy throughout the City of Minneapolis.
- Vacant Housing Recycling Program – Partnership to maximize efforts to remove blight, promotes responsible development and healthy housing markets. Provides matching funds for acquisition and disposition of residential properties.
transitional housing resources
- Transitional Housing – Resource directory and hotline providing support for individuals and families in recovery.
- Hope Street Shelter – Housing and support for youth and young adults experiencing homelessness.
- Housing Info Line (Lutheran Social Service) – Provides housing and support to adults, families and families, adults and veterans experiencing chronic homelessness.