Join us for the SNG Board of Directors meeting Wednesday June 24, 2020.
Zoom Meeting ID: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/415887073
6:30 Introductions with Pronouns
Icebreaker Question: What is something you do better than most people?
6:45 Agenda & Minutes Approval
May BoD Minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w_8JlUsjncB-OoixC8RWxeEqKPlrZuWNQsHo45ubRME/edit?usp=sharing
June Special Board Meeting Minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fwkmxYGthIRNtGLtfdD_4C64_ZOEkFSmuBLY508lWV0/edit?usp=sharing
6:50 Board candidates intro
- We will have 11 board members after the June meeting, with the following in mind:
- Ellen has to step down due to relocation of residence
- Paige will be leaving in August
- Alexis hopes to step back at end of July
- We conducted board candidate screenings during the Special BoD meeting and this meeting.
- An electronic ballot will then be sent out to board members for a vote after the 6/24 BoD meeting.
- Candidates will be notified of the vote results following the voting process.
- Current Candidates: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wMAH47LOPMF0gsztoMa-B8Jc90gx0u0sCctFs1jrUtI/edit?usp=sharing
7:05 Ward 6 Update – inviting Yusra Arab and Ryan SanCartier
7:10 Ward 2 Update – Councilmember Cam Gordon
7:17 Financial Review – Paige
- May financial reports
7:30 Culturally-Specific Food Drive Recap
7:40 Seward Business Fundraiser Update
- Status of project and disbursements for round one
- How to participate for discussions around round two disbursements
7:50 Seward Policing/Public Safety Discussions
- Clarify the scope, goals, desired outcome, and plans for the outcome of the project.
- Do we want to simply host community discussions or host discussions with goals of presenting to the City or other decision-making bodies?
8:05 Staffing Updates
- Updates regarding staffing traits and skills meeting
- Updates regarding potential use of consultants with organizational structure discussions and hiring process
8:10 Seeking Leadership Positions
- Vice President or Co-President
- Paige moving in August
- Lisa has expressed willingness. If elected, this would open the at-large position on the Executive Committee
- CDC Chair – without a staff person attending these meetings, it is best for a board member to chair the committee, rather than a community member.
8:20 MPRB’s Sanctuary Vote
Vote allows Minneapolis parks to be used as sanctuary for people experiencing homelessness
- Do we want to provide any input on or a response to this decision?
- Voting on New Board Members
- Please complete your vote at the below link
- Ward 6 Town Hall July 9th @ 6:30pm