The City of Minneapolis is asking for your input on the budget, community safety, and the investigation of the Minneapolis Police Department conducted by the Minnesota Department of Human Rights. As a resident, you have the right to shape the City’s plan for these important issues. Please use the information provided below to get involved, make your voice heard, and share these resources with others.
Online public hearings:
- 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 16
- 6:05 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 2
- 6:05 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 9
Learn how to participate in online public hearings. Comments submitted online will be entered into the public record and shared with the mayor and council members. The City Council is scheduled to vote on adopting the budget on Wednesday, December 9th.
Help envision what a community safety model looks like! Complete the survey by November 20th, 2020 for the first phase of survey results. Input provided after November 20th may continue to be used for future engagement phases. You can check back here to stay up to date on progress and more opportunities to provide input.
- Transforming Community Safety in Minneapolis (English)
- Transformando la Seguridad de la Comunidad en Minneapolis (Spanish)
- Waxa Laga Beddelayo Badqabka Dadweynaha (Somali)
- Kev hloov pauv hauv zej zog kev nyab xeeb Huv Lub Nroog Minneapolis (Hmong)
- Jijjiirama Nageenyaa Hawaasaa Minneapolis keessatti Taasisuu (Oromo)
Minneapolis Police Department Investigation
The Minnesota Department of Human Rights is collecting information in relation to their investigation of the Minneapolis Police Department. If you are willing, please provide information on any interaction(s) you have had with MPD be they positive, negative, or neutral from over the past ten years. Reports should be first hand accounts only. Read more about the investigation HERE.
Deadline: December 15th, 2020
- Online: https://mn.gov/mdhr/mpd/contactus/
- By phone: (651)539-1100
Information provided is subject to state data policies act meaning personal information is protected from those outside the investigative team.