Two conceptual options are available for comment!
The project team for improvements at Riverside Park has developed two concept plan options: Both have the same elements but in slightly different locations, with a few exceptions – see more below.
Now the project team needs to hear from you! Please take a few moments to review the options and fill out the survey. Everyone’s responses will help us better match the design of the park to the community’s needs.
About the two conceptual options
Option 1: added full size basketball court; larger prairie planting area along the upper bluff
Option 2: added half size basketball court; smaller prairie planting area along the upper bluff
Both options include:
- rebuilt play area with new equipment
- expanded pool deck area with added seating
- rain gardens to receive stormwater from paved areas and roofs
- picnic shelter near the 8th Street and 28th Avenue intersection labyrinth
- several seating and picnic areas area placed throughout the park
- community garden in the far western corner of the park
- clearing created along the bluff to better connect Upper and Lower Riverside Park to West River Parkway and the River
Thanks for your support while MPRB works to improve Minneapolis parks. Please share this email with friends and neighbors!