goals & Purpose
- Manages a growing archive of documents and photos and gathers histories of the Seward neighborhood.
- Organizes and outsources archive to the Minneapolis Public Library.
- The book “A People’s History of the Seward Neighborhood” was printed in December 2018. Please contact Wendy Epstein, email@example.com, to purchase a copy of the book (now in its third printing) or you can order it online.
- Host history walks to share stories from the book.
the people’s history of the seward neighborhood
How to get a copy of the book, “The People’s History of the Seward Neighborhood”:
- You can pick it up in the Seward neighborhood at the home of History Committee Chairman, Dick Westby. The cost is $25.00 (cash) and saves you shipping costs.
- Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements
- You can buy it from the distributor, Itasca Book Distribution.
- Go to Itascabooks.com
- Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of their homepage or click on this link.
- Type in “Seward”
- The cost is $27.50 plus shipping.
- Telephone for Itasca: 952-345-4488
- You can buy it from Amazon
- They have new copies at $27.50 plus shipping and used copies for somewhat less.
- The Hennepin County Libraries have copies to borrow
join us for a meeting
The Seward History Committee meets on the first Wednesday of the month in the Matthew Center craft room at 6:00pm.
Current committee members are: Dick Westby, Wendy Epstein, Rick Musser, Marilyn Matheny, Mike Trdan, Annika B., Rory Cahill, and Lisa Boelhke.
If you are interested in joining the Seward History Committee or have questions, contact Dick Westby, email@example.com.