SNG is hosting a food and supply drive next Saturday, June 20. Donations can be dropped off in Seward Towers East parking lot from 10 -12am and people can pick up items from 12 -2. If you are buying items for our drive please consider buying from our two minority owned grocery stores Shabelle Grocery at 2325 Franklin Ave. or Seward Market at the corner of 25th Ave. and Franklin.
We also need volunteers from 9 – 3, come for the entire time or just an hour or two. Email Kerry@sng.org if you are planning to come but feel free to just show up if that works better.
Facebook event HERE.
Food Drive Requests. We have highlighted items that are in high demand:
Halal food, no products with pork or gelatin
Aim for healthy and holistic, the less processed, the better.
- Dried Beans-lentils-split peas-garbanzo beans-kidney beans
- Basmati Rice bags
- Dried Corn
- Pasta-Spaghetti and macaroni shapes
- Fresh produce
- Diapers (sizes NB-6, especially larger sizes and pull ups)
- Baby formula (including sensitive)
- Baby wipes
- Sanitary products (pads, tampons)
- Shampoo and conditioner (for ethnic hair)
- Body wash
- Dish soap
- Hand soap
- Laundry detergent
- Dishwasher detergent
- Baby Tylenol
- First aid kits
- Allergy medicine
- Teething medicine