Do you think Seward is a great place for you to live or work? We do too! We are inviting people to self-nominate to be on the Seward Neighborhood Group (SNG) board. Candidates will be introduced at the June 24th Board of Directors meeting and elections will take place immediately following the meeting.
SNG has been essential in Seward to:
- fostering a vibrant, safe, and healthy community
- supporting a successful business district
- celebrating the diversity of our neighborhood
- creating opportunities to connect with our neighbors
The board welcomes people 18 years or older who live or work in the Seward neighborhood. At present, the SNG board is going to be short by 4 members of its minimum and the make-up is not representative of our neighborhood make-up as a whole. We’re in particular need of representation by people of color, and renters. We need your service, please!
Here’s a few expectations for you to consider:
– 2 year term
– Monthly 90 minute meetings on the 4th Wednesday
– Participate in at least one committee: communications, community development, community building, equity and inclusion, neighborhood history, and/or fundraising.
– Contribute financially to SNG each year (any contribution is welcome)
– Volunteer for SNG activities/events
– Average total volunteer time per month: 5 to 10 hours
If you’re interested (and we really hope you are!), please send a short biography of yourself (no more than 200 words) to Kerry at Kerry@SNG.org and also complete the following candidate survey: https://forms.gle/MUraPt4MMDbzdpwV6
Thanks for your interest,
Seward Neighborhood Group